The Jackson Tobacco Reduction Coalition seeks to improve the health of the citizens of Jackson County by encouraging the reduction of tobacco use through Education, Prevention, and Empowerment.
Send an email to the Coalition Coordinator at, firstname.lastname@example.org
According to studies conducted by the Centers for Disease Control, “Tobacco use is the single most preventable cause of death and disease, causing approximately 440,000 deaths annually in the United States. Smoking is a major risk factor for cancer, heart, and lung disease. For every one person who dies of a smoking-attributable disease, there are 20 more people who are suffering with at least one serious illness from smoking.”
What we do:
- Serve as a referral source and clearinghouse for the community regarding tobacco use issues.
- Provide information on programs and services such as smoking cessation, quit tips and assist with insurance questions.
- Provide tobacco education and program through presentations, displays, and meetings.
- Serve as a data source for information regarding smoking statistics, smoke free legilative information, and smoke free rental housing options.
- Provide current information regarding laws, policies, and tobacco education campaigns at the national, state and local levels to groups and individuals.
For additional information or links to other sites, click on the preferred site.
Agency / Organization Information
Clean Indoor Air / Second Hand Smoke
Health Indicators / Recommendations / Best Practices
This page originated on
August 30, 2013
and was last modified on
August 7, 2014