The Cascades Manor House is located in the beautiful 465-acre Sparks Foundation Park in southwest Jackson. It was originally built as the clubhouse for the 18-hole championship Cascades Golf Course and named the Cascades Club House. The park was a gift to Jackson County from William and Matilda Sparks Foundation, Inc. Under their direction, the famous illuminated Cascade Water Falls, the Cascades Golf Course and the Cascades Club House were created.
The Cascades Club House was designed by Jackson architect Clair Allen and was built by the North-Moller Construction Company of Jackson. Construction of the original clubhouse project began in the fall of 1929, and the clubhouse opened to the public at noon on Tuesday, May 10, 1932. The intention was that the clubhouse become the "Community Gathering Place" where you could enjoy an excellent meal at reasonable prices.
In 1993 a major renovation of the clubhouse began under the direction of the Cascades Park Foundation with the intention that all proceeds from the facility be placed back into the parks system. During this time the dinning room was expanded, the kitchen replaced and major repairs were made. In January 1995 the clubhouse was reopened under the new name of Cascades Manor House and was once again available for public use.
HOURS OF OPERATION:
11:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
Banquets, Business Meetings, Golf Outings, and Receptions by Reservation
Watch for Special Events
at the Cascades Manor Web Site:
Call (517) 784 - 1500
This page orginated on
September 13, 2010
and was last modified on
September 20, 2012