Jackson County Human Services Building
1715 Lansing Avenue
Jackson, Michigan, 49202
This building located at 1715 Lansing Avenue was built in the mid 1960s to house the Jackson County Medical Care Facility. In late 2003, Jackson Medical Care Facility moved to a new building. The County of Jackson Facilities Department then took on the task of renovating this outdated building to become what is now called The Human Services Building.
In late 2004, with renovations completed, the Human Services departments for the County of Jackson began moving here. These departments are the Department on Aging, the Health Department, the Veterans' Affairs and Veterans' Trust Departments, the Medical Examiner, and the Michigan State University Extension offices. The building is maintained by the County Facilities Department staff.
This page originated on
January 24, 2011
and was last modified on
September 30, 2013