Apply for Board or Commission Appointment
Note: It is advisable for applicants to attend the County Affairs/Agencies Committee meeting. During the meeting, they may address the Committee under Public Comment in regard to the appointment(s) they are seeking.
Potential nominees to boards and commissions should:
- Have an interest in the board or commission they are applying for
- Be willing to become knowledgeable about the particular board or commission
- Be committed and willing to serve as a representative of the County on the board or commission
- Have no conflict of interest in regard to the board or commission they are applying for
- Apply or accept a nomination willingly, and not out of a sense of obligation
- Be available on the dates/times of the meetings of the particular board or commission.
Attendance at meetings is encouraged. Board Rule Policy 4090, Section 9.6 applies: Positions of Commissioner appointees may become vacant if three (3) unexcused consecutive or five (5) unexcused absences in a year. The determination of unexcused absences shall be made by the respective committee. A recommendation for removal from office shall be forwarded to the Board of Commissioners. This Section shall not apply to statutory boards which have other procedures for removal of members.