- $30 flat rate per document. Effective October 1, 2016, fee is no longer based on number of pages being recorded ($4 MSSR fee for remonumentation is included)
- $3 - Each additional assignment or discharge for documents assigning or discharging more than one instrument.
- $5 - Minimum charge for grantor/grantee search (50¢ per year searched)
Warranty Deeds - Land Contracts
A tax certificate must be obtained from the County Treasurer's Office prior to recording any of the following [MCLA 211.135]: Separate check is required for the tax certification, made payable to the Jackson County Treasurer.
Warranty DeedsAny Deed which contains a covenant of warranty
Land Contracts Assignment of Land Contract with warranty clause
Tax Certificates - Separate $5 check made payable to Jackson County Treasurer for the tax certification
Make check payable to the Register of Deeds
- Real Estate Records copy - $1 per page
- U.C.C. filing, per page - $2 per page
- State or Federal tax lien - $1 per page
- Plats of Record - $1 per page
- Certification of any of the above copies - $5 per document
Make payable to the Register of Deeds
- State Tax Lien Search - $3 per name
- Federal Tax Lien Search - $3 per name
Amanda L. KirkpatrickCounty Clerk / Register of Deeds
Mona WebbChief Deputy
Register of DeedsPhysical Address
120 W Michigan
Jackson, MI 49201
120 W Michigan 2nd Floor Jackson MI 49201
Phone: 517-788-4350Fax: 517-788-4686
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday:
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
(Open during the lunch hour)
The Register of Deeds Office is closed on all legal holidays.