e Community Hearing & Vision Screening Clinics
Information about the Clinic
- The clinic is FREE and open to anyone in Jackson County of any age.
- We now have equipment to screen children under 3 years of age.
- Clients do need an appointment during our clinic times.
- Screenings take about 15 minutes.
- Hearing and Vision screenings are provided.
- Treatment, prescriptions, hearing aides, or glasses are NOT provided at these clinics.
- If a client does not pass the screening, a referral will be provided to a physician for follow-up.
WhenBeginning June - August
- Appointments available Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, 1 - 4:30 pm
- Please call 517-867-0077 to schedule an appointment.
September - May
- Appointments are also available on the 1st Monday of every month 1- 4:30 pm
Jackson County Health Department
1715 Lansing Avenue
2nd Floor, Room 246
Jackson, Michigan 49202
Hearing and Vision Screening Clinics are available to all
Free School Hearing & Vision Clinics
- Hearing screens are administered annually for the following grades: Preschool, Kindergarten, 2nd and 4th grades.
- Vision screens are administered annually for the following grades: Preschool, 1st, 3rd, 5th, 7th, and 9th grades.
For more information, call 517-788-4395 or download a flyer (PDF)
For a list of eye doctors in Jackson County and surrounding areas that accept Medicad, click here