Improved Work Environment
Improved Work Environment Vision
Jackson County employees are an engaged self-motivated and collaborative team supported by committed, effective leadership to serve the public.
View a brief outline of the vision, action steps, and desired outcomes for Jackson County's 2014-2020 Strategic Plan for an Improved Work Environment (PDF). For further information on the Improved Work Environment, view the Issue Analysis (PDF).
After working through the comments of the focus groups, the following are five (5) areas of focus for the next strategic plan.
- Employee Development and Growth
- Assist County employees with their professional growth and development.
- Management and Supervision Development
- Increase the management and supervisory skills of county employees.
- Process Improvement
- Provide training in Continuous Process Improvement (CPI) and implement a process improvement model.
- Organizational Culture
- Improve the organizational culture of Jackson County.
- Improve communication with all staff.
Measurements of Success
- Increase the number of employees exposed to the HPO philosophy by attending at least one workshop per year.
- 80% of Department heads and supervisory staff attend at least one workshop per year.
- Increase the number of annual employee performance reviews by 50%.
- Increase the number of employees reporting that they received feedback from their supervisor.
- Administrator/Controller's Office communicating with employees on a monthly basis.
- Increase the percentage of employees who somewhat or strongly agree that they feel confident in the direction that management is leading the organization.
- Increase the percentage of citizens who believe the overall direction of Jackson County is good or excellent.