Vandercook Lake - Townsend Beaman County Park
- Baseball / Softball Diamond
- Boat Launch
- Picnic Areas
- Picnic Shelters
- Swimming Area
This 21 acre park includes a swim area, ball diamonds, a boat launch, playground area, fishing area, grills, two picnic shelters, modern restrooms. Kayak rental is also available through Quiet World Sports.
- Park hours are dawn to dusk
- Alcohol is prohibited
- All vehicles in designated parking areas only
- Domestic pets and service animals are welcome. Pets must be on a leash no more than six feet in length and under your immediate control at all times. You are responsible for cleaning up after your pets, keeping your pets from disturbing wildlife, and keeping your pets from disturbing visitors
- Swim at your own risk - no lifeguard on duty
- In case of emergency - Dial 911
Originally known as Hague Park in the early 20th century, it was an amusement park until 1938. Perhaps the most memorable of all attractions was the "Jack Rabbit," a figure-8 roller coaster. In 1938, it was renamed the Townsend Beaman County Park in homage to Beaman, a Jackson patent attorney. A plaque still stands in his memory in the center of the park.