How do I get a child support case started?
You can start a support and/or paternity case, free of charge, by contacting the Office of Child Support at 866-540-0008. They will assist you and guide you in what you need to do. You can also file a complaint that includes a request that the court enter a child support order with the county clerk’s office. You can do this on your own (in pro-per) or through an attorney.

Show All Answers

1. The other party and I are in agreement regarding child support, parenting time and custody, and do not wish to use the Friend of the Court. Do we have to utilize the Friend of the Court Service?
2. How do I get a child support case started?
3. The non-custodial parent is not paying support as ordered. Can I withhold parenting time?
4. I pay child support and an amount toward ordinary medical each week. Why should I have to pay for annual ordinary medical through my employer?
5. My support is the same as it was when I divorced years ago. What can I do to have my support reviewed?
6. Can I continue receiving support if my child goes to college?
7. My court order says to pay support through the Michigan State Disbursement Unit. May I pay the other parent directly?
8. If I am receiving TANF or Department of Human Services public assistance, may I also receive child support?