- July 1, 2020 - Jackson County is seeing an increase in COVID cases, due in part to increased travel as a result of summertime activities. Suggestions on how to travel safely and protect your loved one are included in the press release. Read the Full Press Release (PDF) The following attachment is also included: Returning from Travel Recommendations
- June 29, 2020 - The Jackson County Health Department encourages everyone to have a COVID safe July 4th holiday celebration. Suggestions on how to host a party and reduce the potential spread of COVID as well as reminders for safe use of fireworks are included in the press release. Read the Full Press Release (PDF). The following attachments are also available: Party Planning Items to Consider (PDF), Fireworks Safety (PDF), Stop the Spread of Germs (PDF)
- June 4, 2020 - Jackson County offices will be reopening on Monday, June 15th, 2020. People are asked to wear facemasks / face coverings and may be subjected to health questions regarding COVID symptoms. Anyone having symptoms will not be allowed entry to the buildings. Read the Full Press Release (PDF)
- May 22, 2020 - During this holiday weekend and as warmer weather continues, we all want to start gathering to celebrate. Residents are encouraged to continue practicing safe steps to reduce the chances of getting or spreading COVID-19. Read the Full Press Release (PDF).
- April 3, 2020 - The Easter season is a popular time for family traditions and gatherings. Knowing that COVID-19 can spread even before there are any symptoms of illness, it is so important to avoid any traditions that include family and friends or other people who do not live with you. Read Full Press Release (PDF)
- March 26, 2020 - Two large events in Jackson County identified as sites of probable coronavirus exposure. Anyone attending these events or in close personal and prolonged contact with someone attending these events that starts experiencing symptoms should call the Health Department at (517) 788-4420, option 9.
Read Full Press Release (PDF)
- Beginning March 18, 2020 until March 31, 2020, several Jackson County buildings will be closed to the public. However, county provided services will continue. Read Full Press Release (PDF)
- March 18, 2020 - The Jackson County Health Department has suspended or limit non-essential services, to focus on diverting staff to work on the COVID-19 response. Read Full Press Release (PDF)
- March 17, 2020 - Jackson County Health Department reports first presumptive positive case of 2019 Novel Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19) in Jackson County, MI. Read Full Press Release (PDF)
- March 17, 2020 - Jackson County Courthouse and the Jackson County Friend of the Court are closed to employees and the public through Friday, April 3, 2020 pursuant to the Local Administrative Order 2020-02 (PDF)
County Press Releases
- April 10, 2020 - The Jackson County Board of Commissioners standing committee meetings scheduled on April 13, 2020 will be held at their regularly scheduled times. Due to the Governor’s social distancing orders, the meetings are available online in a webinar format. For more information, read Full Press Release (PDF).
- March 27, 2020 - The Jackson County Board of Commissioners is accepting applications to fill the following vacancies. Read Full Press Release (PDF)